When people have limited choices where they can live, learn and work, their community faces decline. But enrich and expand those choices, and suddenly the community prospers, with exponential results.
TRF invests in opportunities that lead to quality choices for families and communities. We underwrite the infrastructure for continued economic growth.
We provide financing for:
- Housing - Over the last 27 years, we have created over 19,800 homes for low-wealth communities and low- and moderate-income individuals. We target projects in specific areas where sales prices and rents are out-of-reach for residents, and focus on improving distressed areas with high potential for market recovery.
- Community Facilities - To reinforce a community from the inside out, we finance a broad range of human services agencies, from charter schools and child care centers to job training providers and social service organizations.
- Commercial Real Estate - By offering flexible financing programs to real estate developers and local entrepreneurs, we can spur both economic and neighborhood growth at the same time.
- Healthy Food Retail -TRF finances supermarkets, grocery stores and other healthy food retail operators that plan to operate in underserved communities, helping to bring jobs and increase access to healthy food.
- Energy - TRF works to build a clean and sustainable energy future for our region. Recognizing the delicate balance of economic and environmental factors, our financing encourages energy efficiency and the application of clean energy technologies.